Thursday, December 30, 2010

Our First trip to Dubai


Even though I haven't had time to post our pictures from Christmas yet, I wanted to share some photos from our trip to Dubai. We headed there on Monday morning with our good friends the Irishes. I teach with Theresa and Doug at TAISM. We had 3 great days of shopping in some incredible malls, ice skating on an Olympic-sized ice rink inside a mall, shopping, taking a boat tour of Dubai Creek, and shopping. Oh, did I mention shopping? Dubai is a pretty remarkable place--we barely touched the surface of the number of shopping malls there. The skyline is incredible. The kids got to go to a place called Kidzania, which is a town made for kids. They got to get "jobs" and earn money, or Kidzos, shop with that money and basically run free. It was a super trip with good friends. We look forward to going back and maybe getting some shopping in.

3 comments:

  1. That looks so fun! What a cool place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I'm pretty sure Aunt Susi, Uncle Philip and I will have time for a side trip to Dubai in February. Loved the photos! Looks like the whole gang had a great time. I especially like the references to the shopping opportunities! Can't believe only another 5 weeks or so and we will see you all. Would like to see your Christmas photos as well. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi to one of my fav families. We added you guys to the Round Up this week. Please let me know if that's a problem! -Becky

    It is time for the Weekly State Department Blog Round Up and you are on it!

    It is found here:
    http://smallbitsfs.blogspot.com/2011/01/part-1-new-stuff-and-100-or-so-blog.html

    If you would like the links to your site removed (or corrections are needed) please contact me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete